If you are looking to establish an office in Australia, purchase a business in Australia or migrate to Australia as a business owner or investor, it is critical to get the right immigration advice upfront.
There are a variety of Australian work visas that business people can obtain for themselves or their employees, including:
Business Visitor Visas
These visas are for business visitors to visit Australia for business purposes such as attending a conference, conducting business negotiations or to research a potential business opportunity. You can stay up to 3 months.
Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional)
This is a 4-year provisional visa available to business owners and investors. The visa has three streams:
- The Business Innovation stream is for people who want to own and manage a new or existing business.
- The Investor stream is for people who want to make a designated investment of at least AUD 1.5 million in an Australian state or territory and wants to maintain business and investment activity in Australia after the original investment has matured.
- The Significant Investor stream is for people who are willing to invest at least AUD5 million into complying investments in Australia and want to maintain business and investment activity in Australia after the original investment has matured.
The Provisional visa holders in the Business Innovation and the Significant Investor streams may be eligible to apply for an extension to their provisional visa or can apply for a second stage permanent residency visa.
Permanent Residency Visas
Business Talent (Migrant) visas
Business Talent (Migrant) Visas are granted to people with an overall successful business career as the owner of a business or people with Venture Capital funding in Australia. There is no need to apply for a provisional visa before applying for this permanent visa.
This permanent visa is available to applicants in two streams:
- The Significant Business History Stream is for people with ownership interests in large businesses.
- The Venture Capital Entrepreneur Stream is for people who have access to venture capital funding of at least AUD 1 million.
This visa is only available to applicants who are nominated by an Australian State or Territory government.
Business Innovation and Investment (Residence) Visa
This is the permanent stage of the Provisional Business Innovation and Investment. It requires applicants to have established business operations in Australia or to have maintained an investment in bonds.
There are two streams depending on which stream was applied for at the provisional visa stage:
- The Business Innovation Stream requires you to have established a business in Australia which meets certain asset and turnover requirements.
- The Investor Stream requires you to have held an investment in Australian bonds for 4 years.
Please contact us for further information about this type of visa. We can assess your eligibility for an appropriate visa type.
Get in touch with us today for an initial consultation or please visit Online assessment section by clicking here.